Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Halloween ... Officially Over

Yep. It's always a busy month at the Haaga home and 2013 was no exception.

Right after my week of craziness in Los Angeles (see the last blog), I ran up to San Francisco to shoot six days of THERE GOES DA NEIGHBA'HOOD, the Black Devil Doll series. I play the (human) male lead and it's six 30-minute episodes shot sit-com style, so I'll be heading up a few more times in the next couple of months in order to complete the series.

The first week went pretty well. Here are some behind-the-scenes shots:

My co-stars, Elissa Dowling and Mubia:

Shawn Lewis, Executive Producer and owner of Rotten Cotten, is the man pulling the strings:

While Producer Mitchell Boone (one half of the infamous Boone Brothers) is the man who operates the Pimp Hand:

I got back from San Fran at about 3 in the afternoon on Halloween - just in time to pick up the kids, get in our costumes, and hit the streets for some trick-or-treating. The family costume this year was the cast of Pee-Wee's Playhouse. Here's a shot of Bronson as Pee-Wee and myself as Jambi:

And just when I thought it was all over and done with, Lynh and I attended the closing night of ROB ZOMBIE'S AMERICAN NIGHTMARE at the Pomona Fairgrounds on Saturday. 3 haunted houses, a full carnival midway, freak shows and entertainment, and performances by 45 GRAVE, POWERMAN 5000, EAGLES OF DEATH METAL, and ROB ZOMBIE himself. This was the first year Zombie pulled this off and it was pretty cool - and a bargain at only $40 per ticket!

Lynh's reason for buying tickets in the first place, one of her favorite bands - The Eagles of Death Metal:

Dang. It's crazy times up in here.

So what's next? Well, as soon as I upload this blog entry, I've got to crank out a final polish on my latest Lifetime Network script, which starts shooting up in Vancouver two weeks from tomorrow! Also, another trip to San Fran to shoot some more Devil Doll, the American Film Market, and more! So stay tuned for more updates ... All two of you who visit my blog.

-T

7 comments:

thelastglance said...

LOL, glad to be one of the two people who reads your blog! I'm a big fan. Good to hear from you!

Trent Haaga said...

Well, I visited the site to update it and you read it, so I guess that covers the two users for this update already!

Thanks for visiting, thelastglance!

- T

Troglodyte said...

Three of us.

Trent Haaga said...

I like Troglodyte.

- T

Kevin said...

Four. And I like Troglodyte, too.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Haaga, Very happy to see a new update and beyond excited to watch "Cheap Thrills" at the Another Hole in the Head Film Festival in San Francisco (Dec. 18)! Maybe your SF filming schedule will coincide with the screening?

Trent Haaga said...

Thanks for reading, Anonymous. This is the first I've heard of the San Fran screening! If I happen to be in the area, I'll probably drop by, but I'm not sure if that'll be the case or not … Either way, hope you enjoy the movie!

- T